Slow Lake Boat... again

History: JetSkinJoe from Phoenix picked up an old triple piper race GPR. He rode it till the wheels fell off. I traded him an Octane for it.

I turned it into the original "Slow Lake Boat" with a single pipe conversion, and had a nice little 68mph stock reliable (for a gpr) backup boat to my Blue-boat. After a while I started amassing too many watercraft again, and decided to sell it, since I had a RXP and a triple piper (CF) at the time.

So, sold it to Bill Bartlett for a fair price, and he rode it for years making it better and better. Pretty sure it was his first GPR. Bill had 3-4 GPR's after that, including the one Zak now owns, but had plans to put a monster stroker in the SLB. He got close too. He had the SLB almost COMPLETELY finished, and ended up selling the stroker engine, and parting out the SLB. When I say "parted out," I mean down to an old gas tank and oil tank. It sat in his back yard for a while, even after his passing.

I really wasn't interested in other gpr, but Anita insisted I take it or it was to go to the dump or somebody else. She wanted it gone! Zak brought it to Mesa, when he picked up the "Party of Four," which at this writing hasn't been finished. The hull is in okay condition, but it was missing... everything except side panels and black-dash.

I kept staring at the lump of Rotax in the floor, and the SLB, and realized I had one of the old conversion shafts that had a broken off piece of 1st gen SD shaft inside of it. I can make mounts in my sleep, and the MC1 waterbox off the Blackbird was just sitting in the cabinet along with a J-pipe. Found a seat in the back room with hardware. After much consternation, I decided to do the one thing I haven't really done yet, and that was build a GPRXP sleeper conversion. So, I did the legal wrangling to get the paperwork back in my name, and whipped out the old Vigilante list from the hydrotoys forum. Polish Navy, Ebay, and Skunkworks to the rescue!

I was still missing a MASSIVE amount of basic parts, so I started calling around quietly to folks such as Kevin, WFO, and a few others to locate stuff like a Yami pump, and other stuff not found on Ebay for cheap, such as a set of GP800R sticker kit. It was approximately 5 weeks from start to finish, and in fact was fixing it the first day of the Sierra Nevada ride with water pouring out the back of the engine, and chasing a gremlin up till Sept with a wiring harness configuration issue.

Once that was done, she was bangin the limiter at 74.5mph with a locked down setup during WF's week with Joe/Kim/John and friends. I took the sound restriction off, and tried the rubber flaps on the back of the ski. Pretty damn loud still. The prop was the ORIGINAL Vigilante prop, which was one of the very first things I bought for my Triple pipe race boat back in 2003. Sadly it was thrashed by the gravel pit at Body Beach and has 6 bent edges now. I might try and save it...

In the meantime I had aquired a 14/21 from WFO, and already had a HO-pump. With some help from Vinnie (Mark Hahn's son in law) and some local riders, I got a working pump, albeit over-propped working now.

Still got some basics to do, like pump tunnel reinforcement, new valves (to purchase) and possibly a go-fast ride plate, but for now, the latest iteration of the SLB is a pretty fun little boat.

That engine was destined for the MSX conversion.... hmmmm. What's in store for the little SLB? Only time will tell.
    12208840_10205462832674597_2720629646576519582_n.jpg
    Mark C.

A shot of the engine compartment from the rear. Easy and clean to work on. No real surprises. Battery up front really cleans up the area between engine and tank too.
    N83A0345.jpg
    Side shot. You can see the 4" silicone intakes hose running up under the exhaust manifold. Why didn't I think of this before???

N83A0346.jpg
    Mark C.

Mark, you bringing it up this year?
    West Coast Porting
    2 stroke porting-parts-performance services
    www.wcporting.com

Buy Discount PWC Parts Here !
    www.pwcxtreme.com

Lets hope not. That would mean I'm not bringing the skis I should be bringing.
    Mark C.

White cowl pics !!!!
    West Coast Porting
    www.wcporting.com

www.pwcxtreme.com

Such a cool ass boat!
    West Coast Porting
    www.wcporting.com